From: Brennan Vincent <brennan@umanwizard.com>
To: meli-general@meli.delivery
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:17:28 -0400
Meli fails to build on OpenBSD for at least two reasons.

1 - rust-openssl does not yet support LibreSSL 3.2.2 - see
https://github.com/sfackler/rust-openssl/pull/1366 . This would probably
be fixed by building on an earlier version of OpenBSD, like 6.7.

2 (more fundamental) - The create_timer(2) syscall, used in Meli's
PosixTimer, does not exist on OpenBSD.

Possible solutions would be (a) find a timer implementation that works
on OpenBSD, or (b) put all usage of timers behind a feature flag (I'm
not familiar enough with the Meli codebase to know whether this is
feasible).
From: epilys@nessuent.xyz
To: meli-general@meli-email.org
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 12:05:17 +0000
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:17:28 -0400 Brennan Vincent <brennan@umanwizard.com> wrote:
>2 (more fundamental) - The create_timer(2) syscall, used in Meli's
>PosixTimer, does not exist on OpenBSD.

Hallo, thank you for reporting this. I've pushed a complete removal of posix timers [0] and I was able to build meli on 6.8 with TLS disabled through feature flags.

https://git.meli.delivery/meli/meli/commit/6392904047919a8f6f4a3bbae3d371037f840300