From: Pete Maclean <imap@maclean.com>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:50 -0000
Jan,

Thank you for your response.  What I am working
on is not an IMAP server in the conventional
sense but what I call an IMAP Server
Engine.  Companies license it either to add IMAP
capability to an existing email server that lacks
it or, more commonly, to provide IMAP access to
other types of message stores such as voicemail
systems and email archives.  The product is called MISE.

Pete Maclean