From: Jan Kundrát <jkt@flaska.net>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:53 -0000
Hi Brandon,
I was talking with Gerrit's developers about how to improve the e-mails
they generate (Gerrit is a patch review system tightly integrated with
Git). They told me that GMail's web interface doesn't show the patch
inline, as requested. Here's how the generated e-mail looks like:

+--* Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
|    (the textual description)

+--* Content-Type: text/x-patch
     (the patch goes here)

What I was hoping to achieve was a display of both parts in sequence, as if
the e-mail was embedded into the main textual body part. What I got back
instead is the rendering shown in the attached image.

Is there something I could do to let GMail render the patch as-is, without
extra clicking, while at the same time making it possible to open the patch
in an external viewer by other clients?

With kind regards,
Jan

--
Trojit?, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/
This seems way out of IMAP territory, but I've filed a bug for the frontend
team to look at it.

Brandon