From: Jonathan Guthrie <jguthrie@brokersys.com>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:54 -0000
A long time ago, I wrote an IMAP server for my day job and when the
project was cancelled, I kept a copy of the source code.  I thought it
had some really cool ideas in it, and I couldn't bear to just see it
deleted.  Later on, I received permission to do with it what I will and
I've worked on it off and on since then.

At the moment, it's not really ready for use.  For example, STARTTLS
isn't implemented, and there's no locks for mbox format (and it
implements the wrong mbox format, besides.)  Also, I pretty much just
punted on the Unicode support.  There isn't enough time and it's been
just a hobby for more than a decade.

Anyway, it's up on github, if anyone is interested.
From: dave@cridland.net
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:54 -0000
For those struggling, I think it's this one:
https://github.com/JonathanGuthrie/wodin

On 10 March 2015 at 22:33, Jonathan Guthrie <jguthrie@brokersys.com> wrote:

> A long time ago, I wrote an IMAP server for my day job and when the
> project was cancelled, I kept a copy of the source code.  I thought it had
> some really cool ideas in it, and I couldn't bear to just see it deleted.
> Later on, I received permission to do with it what I will and I've worked
> on it off and on since then.
>
> At the moment, it's not really ready for use.  For example, STARTTLS isn't
> implemented, and there's no locks for mbox format (and it implements the
> wrong mbox format, besides.)  Also, I pretty much just punted on the
> Unicode support.  There isn't enough time and it's been just a hobby for
> more than a decade.
>
> Anyway, it's up on github, if anyone is interested.

It's based on this Internet server library that I created called clotho.

Since clotho does the socket manipulation, the bulk of the work of
supporting STARTTLS goes in there, and I just added that over my winter
break, so adding it to the imapd is mostly a matter of adding the
appropriate call in the right place.