From: Jeff McKay <jjmckay@comaxis.com>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:50 -0000
Working with Yahoo's imap server, I have code that just does a bunch of
FETCH commands of the
inbox, until they are all downloaded.  In one case, the inbox has 69000+
messages.  My code starts
at the highest, and works downward.  After 45 successful message
downloads, Yahoo responds to
the fetch command with "BAD [CLIENTBUG] FETCH Bad sequence in the command".

Anybody know what this means?  I have had no problem with this code when
connected to other
imap servers.
From: dinh.viet.hoa@gmail.com
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:50 -0000
Could you show the FETCH command you're sending?

Though, Yahoo IMAP server is known as one of the worst implementation.

--
Hoa V. Dinh

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Jeff McKay wrote:

> Working with Yahoo's imap server, I have code that just does a bunch of
> FETCH commands of the
> inbox, until they are all downloaded. In one case, the inbox has 69000+
> messages. My code starts
> at the highest, and works downward. After 45 successful message
> downloads, Yahoo responds to
> the fetch command with "BAD [CLIENTBUG] FETCH Bad sequence in the command".
>
> Anybody know what this means? I have had no problem with this code when
> connected to other
> imap servers.

> Working with Yahoo's imap server, I have code that just does a bunch of
FETCH commands of the
> inbox, until they are all downloaded.  In one case, the inbox has 69000+
messages.  My code starts
> at the highest, and works downward.  After 45 successful message
downloads, Yahoo responds to
> the fetch command with "BAD [CLIENTBUG] FETCH Bad sequence in the
command".

> Anybody know what this means?  I have had no problem with this code when
connected to other
> imap servers.

It mostly means that Yahoo is a crock.

I have a feeling we've seen this one recently, but I don't have the details
to hand. Is this a UID FETCH? And does the UID in the sequence set exist?
If not, then I think Yahoo might reject it, even if it certainly shouldn't
be doing so.

Yahoo will also sometimes not return data for messages that do exist, and
give an error message in the tagged OK (repeating the FETCH works), and
also refuse outright to tell you about other messages (particularly deleted
drafts).

Dave.