From: Jan Kundrát <jkt@flaska.net>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:48 -0000
Hi,
is there an IMAP server implementation out there (preferably a free
software one or someone willing to provide demo account for
interoperability testing) which supports CONTEXT=SORT, ie. incremental
updates to a saved SORT command?

I've looked at Dovecot, Cyrus, Isode, UW, Zimbra and Zarafa; none of
them appear to have that available according to their reported
capabilities after login.

With kind regards
Jan

--
Trojita, a fast e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/

On 20.6.2012, at 18.49, Jan Kundr?t wrote:

> is there an IMAP server implementation out there (preferably a free
> software one or someone willing to provide demo account for
> interoperability testing) which supports CONTEXT=SORT, ie. incremental
> updates to a saved SORT command?

The only server I see advertising CONTEXT=SORT capability is the Oracle/Sun CMES server. I don't know if Oracle still allows downloading it, but even if it does it's probably the most difficult piece of software I've ever set up. :)

> I've looked at Dovecot, Cyrus, Isode, UW, Zimbra and Zarafa; none of
> them appear to have that available according to their reported
> capabilities after login.

I'll probably look into implementing CONTEXT=SORT after I'm done with BINARY.
From: tss@iki.fi
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:48 -0000

I added the raw capability => server list to http://imapwiki.org/Specs/Raw. If anyone is interested feel free to add servers to the prettier format in http://imapwiki.org/Specs
From: brong@fastmail.fm
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:48 -0000
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012, at 08:18 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 20.6.2012, at 19.09, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > The only server I see advertising CONTEXT=SORT capability is the Oracle/Sun CMES server. I don't know if Oracle still allows downloading it, but even if it does it's probably the most difficult piece of software I've ever set up. :)
>
> I added the raw capability => server list to http://imapwiki.org/Specs/Raw. If anyone is interested feel free to add servers to the prettier format in http://imapwiki.org/Specs

Cyrus 2.4 also has the "suppress_capabilities" option which you can set on your frontends if you have backends which can't support some of the newer things - so you might see any random set :)

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong@fastmail.fm