From: Jeff McKay <jeff.mckay@comaxis.com>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:48 -0000
I wonder if any IMAP client developers have had problems using the
SELECT statement against
Google Gmail "folders" (labels).  I thought this was working fine but
today I was given access to
a customer's account where some folders work and some do not.  When they
do not, the response
from the SELECT command is "NO System error (Failure)".  I don't see any
difference between
working and non-working folders.   All the folders have messages and
work fine using the web
client.  I get the folder names from the LIST command.  An example of a
failed SELECT would be:

<send 25>A101 SELECT "Clearwell"
<recv 32>A101 NO System error (Failure)

A working example would be:

<send 24>A101 SELECT "Intransa"
<recv 336>* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen $Forwarded
$MDNSent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen
$Forwarded $MDNSent \*)] Flags permitted.
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1315401400] UIDs valid.
* 11 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDNEXT 12] Predicted next UID.

Anybody have an idea about this problem?
From: blong@google.com
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:48 -0000
If you can send me the account off list, I can take a look.

Brandon