From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@sun.com>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:39 -0000
Somewhat off topic, but...

Does anyone here have any contacts in the AppleMail organization?
I'm getting more and more complaints about JavaMail being unable
to parse messages that turn out to be incorrectly formatted messages
created by AppleMail.  I'd like to find someone to fix the problem
at the source rather than continue to add workarounds for their bugs.

Thanks.
From: dkarp@zimbra.com
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:39 -0000
> Does anyone here have any contacts in the AppleMail organization?
> I'm getting more and more complaints about JavaMail being unable
> to parse messages that turn out to be incorrectly formatted messages
> created by AppleMail.  I'd like to find someone to fix the problem
> at the source rather than continue to add workarounds for their bugs.

Other than RFC 2231 issues (and we're happy to provide a 2231-capable header parser in Java if you want one), what brokenness have you been seeing from AppleMail?
From: bill.shannon@sun.com
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:39 -0000
Dan Karp wrote:
>> Does anyone here have any contacts in the AppleMail organization? I'm
>> getting more and more complaints about JavaMail being unable to parse
>> messages that turn out to be incorrectly formatted messages created by
>> AppleMail.  I'd like to find someone to fix the problem at the source
>> rather than continue to add workarounds for their bugs.
>
> Other than RFC 2231 issues (and we're happy to provide a 2231-capable header
> parser in Java if you want one), what brokenness have you been seeing from
> AppleMail?

A Content-Disposition header of this form:

(Again, claimed by a user of JavaMail, not seen by me personally.)

See the end of this discussion thread:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=43&threadID=5145629

JavaMail parses most RFC 2231 headers, and I'll update it to handle the
missing cases, but the problems there have been that AppleMail doesn't
quote parameter values when it should.  I have hacks to handle the simplest
case of that error.

Do you have a contact in the AppleMail group?