From: Sharon Stahl <stahl@soest.hawaii.edu>
To: imap-protocol@u.washington.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:38 -0000
Hello,
 I am trying to upgrade to the imap-2006d imap and pop daemons from
 imap-2004g which we have been running for some time.

 The new imapd does not appear to work with dtmail on Solaris.
 Messages display but when you try to copy, print or save them, you
 only get the header.  Not sure what other mail client this happens on.

 I believe this is because of the new flag "FT_RETURNSTRINGSTRUCT".
 In the RELNOTES it says......

 "A new FT_RETURNSTRINGSTRUCT flag has been added for mail_fetch_body() and
 mail_fetch_text() calls.  If this flag is set, *and* if the function
returns
 NIL, then the requested string data is available on a stringstruct on
 stream->private.string.  This is a special hack for the IMAP and POP
servers
 and is subject to incompatible change.  The result is a major performance
 improvement in the servers with the mbx driver, particularly with large
 messages."

 I have tried to "unset" this flag but have not been able to come up with
 a way to disable it so that the program still will compile.

 Is it possible to stop using this for the imapd?

 Aloha, Sharon Stahl

 *=========================================================*

*=========================================================*
From: MRC@CAC.Washington.EDU
To: imap-protocol@localhost
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:34:38 -0000
Hello Sharon -

I received your message to imap-protocol, which is the list for discussion
about the IMAP protocol and not software support.  Please send any further
messages on this issue either to imap-uw@u.washington.edu or to me
directly.  I have set imap-protocol as a bcc to close out this thread in
its archive.

I will be happy to work with you to resolve your problem with imapd and
dtmail.  This should be done offline from the imap-protocol list.  It can
be online on the imap-uw list if you prefer, or in direct communication
with me.

I do not (yet) know what you are having this problem with dtmail; however,
I can tell you that your issue is *NOT* related to FT_RETURNSTRINGSTRUCT.
You have misinterpreted that release note.  Please DO NOT attempt to use
code that is hacked to "unset" FT_RETURNSTRINGSTRUCT; you may cause
serious damage!!!

Please revert back to unmodified imap-2006d, or try the imap-2006e
development snapshot to see if that resolves your issue.  If the issue
remains unresolved, I'll help you.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.